Skip to main content

My bf got arrested 'cause he had a warrant for violating parole.

Mcallen, TX |

He's being held in Texas and is being extradited to Utah. Is there anything I can do? He signed a waiver and he had his first hearing here in TX where they read him his charges. He's gonna have another hearing once he gets to Utah.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

You can hire an attorney in Utah. Once Utah has the hold and begins he extradition process there is nothing you can do. If they do not extradite him within a certain period of time you are entitled to relief though.

Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. Legal advice has not been given. Also, this question and answer is posted on a public forum and therefore any attorney-privilege is waived.


You can hire an attorney in Utah to represent him at his parole hearing. That's about it.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


I agree with Mrs. Jaggers. You need to start researching an attorney licensed in Utah that practices criminal law. He has signed a waiver to be extradited. If this is a parole warrant then he needs someone to represent him during the parole revocation hearing. If he is indigent and qualifies the Board of Pardons and Paroles in Utah will appoint an attorney to represent him.

The information provided is not advice but a legal perspective and you should schedule a consultation with the lawyer of your choice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer