Skip to main content

My bankruptcy was supposed to be finished in may, I received a letter recently stating it will be 2 more years

Milwaukee, WI |

says I still owe money.....I have called the office of my attorney numerous times and they will not return my should I do?

+ Read More

Filed under: Bankruptcy
Attorney answers 2


First, keep attempting to contact your attorney,as they are best suited to help. If that continues to fail, you can try to call the trustee (although do not expect too much help as you are represented). If all else fails, you may want to hire a new attorney, depending on your circumstances and case particulars. Good luck!


Sounds like you are currently in a Ch.13. Keep making the Plan payments and keep trying to contact your attorney. It is likely that amended schedules will need to be prepared, signed by you and filed with the court. Good luck.

Be sure to designate "best answer." If you live in Oregon, you may call me for more detailed advice, 503-650-9662. Please be aware that each answer on this website is based upon the facts, or lack thereof, provided in the question. To be sure you get complete and comprehensive answers, based upon the totality of your situation, contact a local attorney who specializes in the area of law that involves your legal problem. Diane L. Gruber has been practicing law in Oregon for 26 years, specializing in family law, bankruptcy, estate planning and probate. Note: Diane L. Gruber does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and Diane L. Gruber, and the fee listed in the agreement has been paid.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer