Skip to main content

My aunt had a defective Simmer hip put in about 5 years ago . It is one of the ones that has failed and recalled .

Naples, FL |

the surgeon was jailed in west Virginia on a tax evasion charge and is no longer practicing . She is now a resident of Florida but is unable to walk without a walker and uses a wheelchair when needed . She has all of her hospital records . We need a surgeon to replace the hip so that she can live a decent life . We have been turned away by many . She has Medicare A and B but no additional insurance . How do we get this accomplished ? How do we find legal representation ? THIS IS A SIMMER HIP ! ! ! ! locally ? A doctor that is willing to work on her ? ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If you are talking about a Zimmer hip, if you Google those 2 words you will get dozens of firms that represent patients. Find one local to you, so you know you will get personal attention. Good luck.

* Please note that I am an Attorney practicing in Georgia, but I am not your attorney. This post is intended to provide some helpful insight into your particular situation, but it should not be taken as legal advice. If you would like to discuss your Georgia Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, or Criminal case, I am happy to discuss your specific situation with you at no cost to you. I can be reached at 404-996-5157 or If you found this Answer "Helpful" or " The Best Answer", please click the tab indicating that. Thank you!


Luckily, Upton above has offered to help.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


There are many law firm adverting that they are taking client for a class action against this hip product. Please call one of them for more information on what you can do.


Get in touch with Mr. Upton's law firm.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer