My attorney represents my ex's attorney. Conflict of interest?

Houston, TX |

Enforcement and modification of decree that was finalized 7 yrs ago.

Probably not. But if you are uncomfortable talk to your attorney about it or get a new attorney.
Unfortunately, attorneys need to hire family law attorneys too to help with their legal matters.

This is the best free website for people to find attorneys. Use it.

Fran Brochstein has been a licensed Texas attorney over 22 years. She is a Advanced Credentialed Mediator by the Texas Mediator Credentialing Association. Fran enjoys educating people about Texas laws and mediation -- her motto is "knowledge is power". She has a full-time family law mediation practice in the Houston area. She is also trained n elder law mediation. If you need a consultation and mention that you saw this on www.avvo.com - Fran will give you a discounted rate of $175/hour -- her usual hourly rate is $300/hour. If you found this answer "helpful" or "best answer", please select the button to show your appreciation. Please understand that Fran's reply to your question in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. You are strongly encouraged to consult with an attorney in your county in person about your specific legal problem. You can contact her at 713-805-9591 - 7 days a week on her personal cell phone.

There is probably not a conflict of interest. After all, the attorneys on each side often know each other and that old representation would not give either side any extra insight into this case. Talk to your attorney about it. If you remain concerned, get a new lawyer.

You can choose to see it as having a lawyer that other lawyers choose for their own cases.

This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information provided and is not intended to be conclusive advice. There are likely other factors that might influence or change the advice after a more lengthy consultation.

Doubtful. Your attorney is not going to discuss your case with the other attorney. There would only be a conflict of interest if your attorney's case had some relationship to your own.

This is not a conflict of interest. But I certainly understand how their attorney-client relationship could make you feel uncomfortable. You should consider speaking to your attorney about your concerns. Hopefully after that, you will no longer be troubled. However, if you still have concerns, then hire another lawyer. Good luck.