My attorney is in the process of sending a settlement demand letter to other party. Can I ask him for a copy of the letter.

Salinas, CA |

I was involved in a rear end collision. The other party is at fault.

Best Answer

Of course. The file that an attorney creates for your case is your property - you are entitled to see and have anything in that file. If you are not comfortable communicating with your attorney and asking for things like this, you might consider finding another attorney.

David Lee Fiol

David Lee Fiol

PS By the way, the demand that the attorney is sending should be one that you have agreed to - the decision on when to settle and for how much is yours alone.

Thanks for the quick answer.

David Lee Fiol

David Lee Fiol

No problem - good luck.

You certainly can.

I am licensed to practice law in the State of California, and thus, my answers are based on California law. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ, and therefore, this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This Avvo.com posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author.

I always provide my clients with a draft, get their input and then finalize.

You absolutely have the right to get a copy. In fact, he/she should have provided it to you without asking.

The AVVO response or other communication by Caruso Law Offices does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please call us at 505-883-5000 for a FREE CONSULTATION with an attorney. We look forward to discussing your case in more detail.

Yes, you can. You are entitled to all documents on your file. Talk to your attorney. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

Absolutely, I always appreciate it when my clients are involved in the process. Best of luck.

Yes, and I'm sure he/she will be happy to send you a copy.

Yes.