Skip to main content

My asylum case is denied, and now iam study, can i change my statue to student visa?

Ayer, MA |

now iam study here and i think about changing my statues to a student visa so i can travel any were an my vacation

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Changing status to a student visa could be tricky. F-1 students must demonstrate that they have "nonimmigrant intent." In most cases this means that you intend to return to your home country, which may not be possible if you have applied for political asylum. What is your current status? How did you come to the U.S.? Did your asylum denial put you back into your previous legal status, or will you be placed into a removal proceeding? Do yourself a favor and consult with an experienced and reputable immigration attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer