My apartment manager shuts off the water in the building frequently for "building repairs." Is this legal?

My apartment manager shuts off the water in the building sometimes several times a month, and always lists "building repairs" as the reason. However, he never elaborates on what the repairs are, and this has happened so consistently over several years, I suspect that he is just trying to reduce water bills. Is this legal? It is very inconvenient to not have water for 7 hours every few weeks or so.

No, this is not legal under California law.

A rental dwelling might be considered "uninhabitable" if it substantially lacks plumbing facilities in good working order, including hot and cold running water, connected to a sewage disposal system. (California Civil Code section 1941.1.)

Thank you for the quick response! I want to continue living in this apartment and don't want to create friction between me and the apartment managers. Do you have any advice on how I should proceed?