Skip to main content

My 15 year old daughter is a truancy case from school and now is sleeping at her 19 yr old boyfriends parents home most nights.

Milwaukee, WI |

I bring her home and she leaves, either through windows, doors or balconies. I cannot physically restrain her, she becomes violent and hysterical. What can I do ? The courts here say I have to pay up to $236 per night if she is put in juvenile for truancy, I cannot imagine what full time would be.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can report the boyfriend and his parents to the police for allowing sex with a minor, contributing to the delinquency of a minor. You are in a rough spot, I do not envy you. But what will her life be like if she gets pregnant soon?

My offices does represent people from Avvo if they contact me but only in the Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino and Riverside County in Southern California. The answers I give here are not meant to create an attorney client relationship. When accepting clients I conduct interviews face to face and they often take 30 minutes or more. I approach trials and issues from a legal and common sense approach, This is how the majority of judges I have appeared before in 40 years also make decisions. I do not intend by my advice to enter an attorney client relationship and in most cases advise to obtain legal representation. Sometimes if you can not afford it a consultation or limited scope representation is available. As an experienced attorney I can tell you, judges can be impatient, hate emotional arguments and over exagerations or lies. A brief outline of the problems and desired solutions is often best and I d0 limited scope representations advise clients on how to proceed at time of hearing or trial and my fees are considerably less when I do not appear in court as it takes much less of my time.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer