Skip to main content

My 14 yr old son got a minor consumption ticket. He blew a .021. Is there any way to get out of it?

Evansville, IN |

He was at a party that someone there called 911 and said there was underage drinking. This was the first time he ever drank-- and the last! Well, for a while. He signed a code of conduct for high school athletics and will have to sit out 20% of his baseball games.

+ Read More

Filed under: Criminal defense
Attorney answers 2


Can you get out of it depends on the evidence. Since he is a juvenile he very well may get an informal adjustment, which is the juvenile version of a diversion and won't result in any true finding(juvenile of a conviction) which means it won't result in any juvenile history of true finding. You may want to consult an attorney to fully understand his options. Juvenile courts are usually fairly reasonable in matters like these.

Answers provided here are for information purposes only and not intended to replace speaking with an attorney. Your legal issues should be addressed directly with an attorney and the answer provided herein does not establish any attorney client relationship.


You will certainly need to retain local counsel to address this matter. Your counsel is going to want to evaluate two aspects of your son's situation: whether he would qualify for an informal resolution to this matter, and what the specific terms of your son's high school code of conduct are. Generally speaking, these types of offenses are usually not pursued aggressively; however, that will depend upon the specific circumstances of your son's case.

By using this website, you agree to the following additional terms of use. The materials provided are for informational purposes only. They are not offered as advice, legal or otherwise, nor should it be used in lieu of obtaining professional advice or services. If you would like such services, please contact Keffer Gilley Barnhart LLP at (317) 857-0160.