Skip to main content

My x husband divorced me! my status as a CPR has expired 10 days ago should i file I751 or

Cliffside Park, NJ |

is it to late to file for wava ? have i became illegal alien now? or if i marry to my US citizen boy friend what happens? my X husband sent a letter to CIS claimed that it was a marraige fraud,i heard that if i withdrawn my application start a new one his claims in his letter wont show up! pls help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


You should file a waiver and discuss the issue with an attorney immediately.

VOSBIKIAN & VOSBIKIAN, L.L.C. (856) 755-1400, e-mail: - Offices in Atlantic City, Cherry Hill, Newark, and Trenton, NJ. Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please visit and share this site:


You are not illegal, but you must file am i751. You don't qualify for vawa just because you and your husband don't get along or got divorced. The i751 is heavily scrutizned and the fact that you are divorced with a new boyfriend means you run a big risk with uscis. You new to hire a lawyer.


You can file the -751 without your ex husband but must provide the divorce decree and evidence that the terminated marriage was in good faith.



NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.


You should retain an attorney to file I-751 with the necessary proofs and documents.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.


It's not too late to file a waiver based upon a self petition. The fact that your ex-husband has complained to USCIS this not mean that you entered the marriage based upon a good-faith relationship.

The fact that he's upset with you is not of importance to USCIS unless you left him soon after marriage or lack proof and/or strong testimony. However, you'll need to have Evidence of joint assets joint liabilities and some fruit of the relationship.

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.


You have so too many questions that it is dificult to give you a comprehensive answer without a consultation. Schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website: