Skip to main content

Multiple auto accidents and questions on compensation after the surgery (with both UM coverages involved)

Palm Beach Gardens, FL |

For the 1st auto accident, I was paid by the other driver's insurance company (A company) up to the policy limit. My own UM (B Company) has not paid yet.

For the 2nd auto accident, the other drive did not purchase bodily injury coverage, my own UM (C Company) is in the process to pay.

Now C Company asks me a permission to contact A Company for release of records. Should I give this permission?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


No. If you have an attorney, talk to your attorney. If you don't have an attorney, you need to retain an attorney who specializes in personal injury litigatino and dealing with insurance companies immediately. Having defended insurance companies my entire career before opening my this firm, I can assure you that they are not trying to help you by requesting more and more information from you.

Visit my website via the link below for more information.

Until you retain this firm and we have an attorney client relationship, nothing stated above should ever be construed as legal advice on which you may rely in your actions. If you would like to discuss further, please contact me. Jason Holbrook, Esq. Holbrook Law Sarasota Office 1990 Main Street Suite 750 Sarasota, FL 34236 (888) 908-7824 toll free (941) 538-7878 phone (941) 538-7879 fax


No, and retain a personal injury lawyer to go after your UM, as you would get a tiny nuisance settlement at best without a lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


I think you should discuss this with your lawyer. But, generally, the UM carrier has a right to evaluate your claim fully and that means that you have to give them access to the type of records they want.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed.


Ultimately, to get your compensation, all relevant medical records have to be disclosed. But why are you asking for advice? If you have a lawyer, hopefully your trust him/her.

If you don't have a lawyer, you should get one. You don't have to pay 1/3 or 33% or 40% for personal injury representation. Although I practice in Nevada, not Florida, my firm of Reed & Mansfield offers a 25% fee for traffic accident cases in which the injured party is not cited by the police for a moving violation but the defendant is.

The big tv advertisers typically don't offer a discounted fee because they have to pay huge advertising costs. But firms like mine which restrict our advertising to the web--which is almost free--can pass on the savings to accident victims.

You can check out the ratings of a discount personal injury law firm such as mine on or by calling your state bar to see if any lawyer in the firm has a record of discipline.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer