Skip to main content

Moved and need new i751 lawyer for interview

Houston, TX |

My i-751 case has already been filed with a lawyer in Ga but I have moved to Tx for a job. Infopass appointment stamped my passport for 6 months after one year extension expired and advised interview will be scheduled. As case has already been filed and supporting evidence sent with initial lawyer in different state,, is 1500.00 dollars a reasonable cost for a new lawyer to show up at an interview?

Forgot to mention this is for a I-751 waiver, should this affect costs?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, it is, considering that the lawyer will also have to familiarize him/herself with your entire file and possibly also prepare you for the upcoming interview.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with my colleague, the cost may be reasonable. However, call around. Get a telephone consult or two. When you feel comfortable with an experienced immigration lawyer, make your decision even if it costs a little more. Cheaper is not always better.


Whether it is reasonable depends on the amount of work, the time involved and whether you are willing to pay that amount.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer