Skip to main content

Motorcycle accident settlement

Boynton Beach, FL |

i was hit by a car from behind after changing lanes and i have road rash scars herniated disc a torn labrem that requieres surgery and havent been able to work as much and do my normal daily activities this also happened in florida and i have about 15000 in medical still rising and still going to physical therapy and the other motorist has coverage of 25000 and they were working at the time as an independent contractor for a company and apparently her incurance had committed bad faith and now there is complaint filed against them i wanted to see what is the possible outcome such as how long and how much can be received for damages also i am in my early 20s and also wanted to see if i can go after the company she worked for even though she was an independent contractor for them

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


These are all good questions/issues that you have raised. Given the facts provided and the situation you are in, I'd strongly encourage you to consult a personal injury attorney who can explore these possibilities for you. Most offer free initial consultations.


It sounds like you already have an attorney who should be able to answer these questions. If not, I strongly recommend you consult with a board-certified civl trial lawyer in Palm Beach County. Best of luck to you.

I am not seeking to represent you based on the response to this question. The answer given is for general information purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is hereby intended.


The determination of whether someone is in fact an independent contractor - meaning the company's insurance is most likely not available - or whether they are an independent contractor is far beyond simply someone saying they are, or even the terms of the "contract." Such contracts and statements are often misleading and inapplicable and review of many facts and circumstances are needed in order to make the determination.

If you don't have an attorney, get one now. Here's why:

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.


You need to seek local counsel to insure your rights are properly protected. Florida is a state with limited No Fault benefits and a significant amount of issues. Obtain legal counsel as soon as possible.


There are a lot of facts that can be important in this type of case. For example, in Arkansas the company that this person was working for MIGHT also have insurance to cover your injuries. I highly recommend speaking to a personal injury attorney in your area.

This communication is not intended to, and does not, create an attorney-client relationship.


See a lawyer RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.


Motorcycle accident cases often involve damages which greatly exceed what appears to be available insurance coverage. You must speak to a qualified Florida lawyer immediately to ensure you are compensated to the highest degree.