Skip to main content

Motion to reconsider

Phoenix, AZ |

I feel that the judge made some mistakes in court yesterday. The child support was calculated incorrectly, the time I've had my children the past three years was calculated incorrectly which in turn made my arrears a lot more. The judge also included respondents husband's medical for my children when we agreed in mediation that my insurance for them would be the primary insurance. Can the judge do all this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


From what you have written, the judge does possess the power to order has he/she did. However, if you are not happy with the decision you can of course file a motion to reconsider pursuant to Rule 45, Arizona Rules of Famiy Law Procedure. However, you must keep in mind that filing of the motion to reconsider will not extend the time for appeal. I would suggest that you contact an experienced family law attorney to discuss the details further and/or assist you in drafting the reconsideration motion,


I apologize, I meant to say Rule 35.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer