Skip to main content

Mother shopping at wal mart a product that contained broken glass in it fell off the top shelf as she went to grab

Chandler, AZ |

the product she wanted the broken glass in the box on top fell and small pieces of glass got into her eyes. . she was rushed to ER she has injuries. the manager of wal mart has been calling to check on her. also the wal mart insurance company has called but she has not been able to speak to them.

There was another shopper that witness the incident happen. The doctor has sent her to a eye specialist because of the severity of small glass fiber cuts on the eyes. The manager of wal mart has called to ask the condition state of my mother. But she has not giving a statement. Is this a open closed case? What type of firm is willing to take on this case against a big corporation please help Thank you all.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


As a general rule of thumb, your mother should speak with an attorney prior to making any statements to Walmart or their insurance. The insurance will be attempting to get any information they can to aid them in asserting a defense (usually focused on pointing liability at an intervening third party or substantial comparative fault).

You can call my office for a free consultation. In most cases, careful handling of these matters in the initial stages greatly increase the long term strength of the case. --When Results Matter Most-- 480-359-KENT(5368)


You need a lawyer for this.
Wal Mart is not easy to deal with.
You should use the AVVO find a lawyer tab.


I am very sorry to hear about your mother's incident. I hope she is recovering well.

As the other attorneys have pointed out, Walmart is extremely difficult to deal with. Your mother should not speak with anyone from Walmart without speaking with a personal injury attorney first. Handling a claim such as this on her own can be difficult, time consuming and draining. Keep in mind, Walmart is not your friend in this situation. Their only goal is to find a way to assist your mother as little as possible with her injuries.

If you need further assistance, my office provides free consultations and we work on a contingency fee, meaning no out of pocket attorney fees to start. I am more than happy to speak with you more to see what can be done to assist your mom.

Leigh Anne Timiney
Timiney Law Firm


I'm sorry your mother was injured and hope she recovers quickly. I agree with the advice already provided; retain an attorney before talking with Wal-Mart's representatives. It is important you do not wait; evidence needs to be preserved and the longer you take to start compiling your case the harder it will be.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.


Luckily a couple of the lawyers who answered your question can help. My firm only handles Wallmart injury cases in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755



can you refer me to anyone in Texas ?


I agree with the others and have had many cases against Wal Mart. Your Mom shoud not give any recorded statements to anyone. If anyone other than Wal Mart employees were a witness it would be good to try to contact them and preserve their recollection of the events.


dont let her speak with them. contact a local personal injury attorney. Walmart is infamous for disposing of video, etc of the accident especially if it benefits your mom. an attorney can make sure important evidence is preserved. good luck


Wal-Mart has to pay damages for its negligence just like everyone else.

We are happy to offer a free consultation to you and your mother. We can share over 15 years of experience in personal injury with you.


Ryan J. Stevens, Esq.
Griffen & Stevens Law Firm, PLLC

This answer does not include any legal advice. You should personally contact an attorney. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer