Mother refuses to let me speak to my 2 kids.

Atlanta, GA |

i call and she will not answer, i text no response. she talks bad about me in front of the kids and now my 12 yr old son says im not his father. she is the parental who has them 10 1/2 months out of the year i get them at christmas and a month in the summer. im on disablility and they get child support from social security. because of my disablility. she threathens to take me back to court to get more money. will call me thorugh out the month and ask for more money. my son refuses to speak to me because she has made me out to be the dead beat dad to them. i live in atlanta and they live in houston, tx. i feel that its Parental Alienation on her part. what can i do about this because she does not act civil when i speak to her on the phone?

they are legimitzed and we have been to court already and visition has been set by judge. child support and visitation are all set she just isnt following it. we went to court here in GA for that whole process.

Unless the children are legitimated you will need a lawyer to legitimate the child. And then you will need a lawyer, in Texas, unless you have a court order already from elsewhere.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at geaatl@msn.com . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.