Skip to main content

Mother of 8 by 6 different now dating a known drug user,wanted convicted felon, how can i get immediate action for my 2 children

Lockport, NY |

CPS has been called countless times on household. Sheriff's been called countless times for out of control teenager. Family court is a joke, tried, public defender in Lockport wouldn't even return calls. Previous court experience proved they won't enforce the court orders they give. Can i get them drug tested, where can i get help for my children?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Unfortunately, you have to go back to family court. What you can do is ask for custody based upon the circumstances but beyond that there is probably little that can be done as the court is not going to oversee what goes on on a daily basis.

I hope you found this answer helpful and if so, please let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. You can also choose a "best answer" if you wish. This is easy to do and greatly appreciated.

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.


Your only recourse is a custody petition in family court which will be denied. You would have to prove a change in circumstances that does not appear to exist. We as a nation are free to live as we choose and a court will not second guess the living choices of the custodial parent unless it poses imminent harm to the children.


You need to file for custody of your children in Family Court. Nothing else can be done unless you can get the mother charged criminally and arrested. At that point CPS would come into the picture and place the children with their various fathers (hopefully).

I am an attorney with over a decade of experience in Matrimonial and Family Law with offices in Brooklyn and Manhattan. I have experience in all five boroughs as well is Nassau and Suffolk County. The opinion expressed in this ad based upon the limited information provided and do not indicate an attorney-client relationship

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer