Skip to main content

Mother died and step dad were left with the child, can the biological father take the child

Asheboro, NC |

chidl ahs other siblings that are the step fathers and wishes to stay with the stepdad and his brothers and sisters

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Consult with a local family attorney, asap. The general rule would be that you are the natural father and should have custody, but a lot of wiggle room is available. If there is no order; then, you should be able to get the child if you have a copy of the birth certificate. You need to tread carefully though, the child just lost his mom. I would recommend that until you get an attorney you keep your normal visitation maybe a little extra time if it will help out (even with all the kids).

Legal Disclaimer. This communication is not intended to create, and does not create, an attorney-client relationship between you and James Ronald Tucker, Jr. Thus, your receipt or transmission of information to or from the James Ronald Tucker, Jr. alone does not create an attorney-client relationship or ensure confidentiality. James Ronald Tucker, Jr. assumes no liability for the use or interpretation of information contained herein. The legal information herein provided is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended as professional counsel and should not be used as such. You should contact a competent attorney in your area to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer