Skip to main content

Mother died. claimed to have life insurance policy and cd in my name. stepdad will not cooperate. How do i redieve property?

Mcalester, OK |

She lived near Mt. Vernon Il. I live in tahlequah ok.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Unless you know the name of the bank and insurance company, you will need to go to court to obtain this information if your stepdad won't cooperate. If there is a probate proceeding already opened for your mother's estate, you should be able to find out this information in the probate proceeding. HIre a local lawyer to do this.


If you know the name of the life insurance company, call them directly, and if you are the beneficiary, they will tell you. If not, they won't give you any information.


Call the insurance company.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer