Skip to main content

Mortgage lender (GMAC) will not work with me to lower my 7% interest rate to lower payments and avoid foreclosure. What to do?

Cleveland, OH |

Whenever I call GMAC, they say they might talk to me about a lower interest rate if I get current with my payments. If I could make the payments, I would not be asking them for help! My new job doesn't pay as much as the job I had when I bought the house in 2008. I need to re-negotiate my loan. I need help!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Unfortunately, most lenders are not helping homeowners in distress.

I would recommend contacting the Neighborhood Housing Services of Greater Cleveland (NHSGC). They are a non-profit community development corporation with free foreclosure prevention programs and services. NHSGC can be reached at 216.458.HOME (4663). Best of luck to you moving forward.


Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer