Skip to main content

Missed diagnosis in the Emergency Room

Mount Pleasant, MI |

I went to the ER in Mt Pleasant to serve abdominal pain. They gave em some pain meds, and anti-nausea meds, and sent me on my way. Two days later I was still in serve pain so I went to the VA urgent care in Saginaw (I'm a Army vet) and after doing a CT and having the radiologist look at the CT scans they sent me to another hospital for Appendicitis and to have it removed. The ER I went to obviously misdiagnosis me, and I could have potently died due to it. Due I have a claim to sue the ER department or the ER doctor that looked at me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you sustained injury due to the 2-day delay, then retain a local malpractice lawyer who can order your medical records and send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
1515 Market St #1510
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755


The real issue is whether you sustained any substantial damages as a result of the delay. If there were no damages, you don't have a case even if the emergency room provided substandard care. Potentially dying isn't an injury. An injury might be an appendix that ruptured during the delay, requiring more extensive surgery and a prolonged hospitalization. If you think you sustained a serious injury, bu all means contact some medical malpractice lawyers. They generally do not charge for consultations.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer