Skip to main content

Missed court date a month ago because there was absolutely no way I could get there

Cincinnati, OH |

I live in cincinnati ohio and could not make it to court in boone county ky in order to pay money under my diversion agreement. I could not make it there because I am unemployed and have no means of transportation. My family has informed me that they have came to the house looking for me. what do i do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The facts in your question are internally inconsistent. If you had a court date, appearing on that date was your priority regardless of other issues. In some cases such matters can be taken care of by a continuance or otherwise in advance. However, to simply not show up and say that there was no way to show up is not a good question.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.


You need to talk with an attorney licensed to practice in Kentucky and familiar with the Boone County courts. There may be a warrant out for your arrest. Should you have been terminated from an Ohio diversion program before your successful completion of the program, your plea of guilty would be accepted by the court and you would be sentenced on your criminal conviction. The dismissal of your case upon successful completion of your diversion program would no longer be an option.

In your case, you are a no show. Warrants are issued in Ohio courts for failures to appear. Imagine that is the case in Kentucky.

The judge in any court, Ohio or Kentucky, will wonder why you did not call the court or exert any other demonstrable effort to try to comply with the terms of your diversion. You may qualify for a court appointed attorney. Maybe best to turn yourself in and let the process run its course. You would be well served to be advised by a Kentucky licensed attorney from this moment to the finish line.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. The answer presumes you are not currently represented by an attorney who knows your specific circumstances.