Skip to main content

Minors testifying in court w/o parental consent.

Carver, MN |

Can a minor be made to testify under subpeona on a domestic assault case involving her mother and mothers boyfriend w/o parental consent?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


A minor can be court ordered to do so, as could thier parent. If a person subpoenaed or ordered to do something does not do it, then the court could possibly take action to enforce its order. There is no simple answer to this. A witness does have the right to legal counsel, including for help asserting rights under the Minnesota Crime Victims Rights Act, as well as asserting any potential 5th Amendment Right not to testify. I have represented numerous witness, as well as defendants, in these situations.

or call me.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer