Skip to main content

Minor charged with possession/ intoxication of alc. and also distrib. alc. to minors. Each up to 500$ fines.What am I looking at

Auburn Hills, MI |
Attorney answers 1


Depends on what court your case is assigned to. I can see that you are posing your question from Auburn Hills. If that is the jurisdiction of the MIP case, your hearing will take place in the 52-3 Judicial District Court. A little poking around on Google will tell you the history of that court and how the judges handle those cases. Unfortunately, the law is rarely followed and many young men and women are taken advantage of by the judge in that building who chose to render sentences that provide for terms and conditions that are not allowed under the law. Worse yet, they routinely hand out illegal jail sentences for technical violations of probation.

If you are charged with distributing alcohol to a minor, this is a very serious offense in that court. I handle criminal cases, included charges such as yours, in the 52-3 Judicial District Court (and other courts throughout Oakland, Wayne and Macomb Counties), and I can tell you that appearing without representation is unwise.

Avvo is an excellent place to find a 10.0 Rated Criminal Defense Attorney.


Mr. Loren Dickstein, Esq.
2000 Town Center, Ste. 2350
Southfield, MI 48075
(248) 263-6800 - Fax: (248) 357-1371
National Super Lawyer
Avvo Rated: 10.0 Superb
Martindale Rated: Preeminent - AV

I highly recommend you hire an attorney to help you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer