Skip to main content

Minor back aches because my friend collapsed on me, our friendship fell off and Im thinking of suing him.

San Diego, CA |

I developed a friendship with a retired engineer and we had a great bondage but he also developed a bad drinking and drug problem. We took a trip to Seattle and there he got drunk and collapsed full on me that I needed help to sit him down, and then on our way to the taxi he lost balanced and fell toward me once again. Since then I have had lower back aches that have not gone away and it has been around 3 months since. He ended up going to rehab to control his drinking and his attitude also changed to the point that we have fallen out and now are no longer friends Im so disappointed and Im thinking of suing him for injurying my back eventhough I still need to see a doctor. How much can I sue him for?

+ Read More

Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes
Attorney answers 2


Sit down with an attorney to determine if you even gave grounds to sue--as part if the discussion the issue if your damages will arise. On the facts you posted, its not clear if you could 'win' such a suit or have any damages to claim that could be tied to the incident.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.


Contact a personal injury attorney in your area for a consultation. This is not the type of question that can be answered on the AVVO site.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer