Skip to main content

Miminum wages required

Jersey City, NJ |

Could you please advise me minimum wages required for H1-B visa in New York City for Software programmer?

I am Master of computer application and having two years of experience. Currently I am working on L2 visa with EAD.

I have offer from a company having 25 employee.

Could you please advise different designation and minimum required wages to file H1-B?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


A prevailing wage determination cannot be provided on a forum such as Avvo. Your employer will need to consult with an immigration attorney to determine whether the position qualifies for the H-1B program and how to determine the prevailing wage.


I concur that this matter must be carefully analyzed by the immigration attorney working on your case, however, a crude approximation for a range of prevailing wages in certain areas could be found here:
Yet, I advise you to retain an immigration attorney, do not hack it.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 101, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


I agree with my colleagues.

Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.