Skip to main content

Mesothelioma/ asbesteos exposure

Albany, NY |

I have worked in the public sector for the last 30 years or so The building I work in has asbesteos insulation and has a closed ventilation system Just found out my log time desk partner who died in November suddenly and the autopsy showed it due to mesothelioma

I know her family has a cause of action but do her coworkers who are asymptomatic

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You don't have a cause of action for simply being exposed to asbestos, and let's hope you don't, have a cause of action for being exposed to asbestos. Many people are exposed to asbestos but never develop an illness. You and your coworkers though should absolutely have chest x-rays and a full evaluation by a pulmonologist.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email -


Everyone exposed should speak with an attorney immediately.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (!/WhiteRoseMarks) or Facebook ( if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.


This is scary news and should be viewed by the employees and employer seriously. At the very least, this should prompt people who have worked in the building to have medical check-ups done. A complicated legal analysis of facts and causation must be done to determine if anyone has a cause of action.

My answers on are intended to help clarify the legal process in your situation to the extent possible on this website. Criminal law can be very complicated and very serious. Every case is different and my answers are not intended to serve as legal advice unless so stated. If you have been charged with a crime you could be placed on probation or face incarceration. Please contact an attorney if you think you need legal advice in a criminal matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer