Skip to main content

Medical question..Need advice Please!

Mobile, AL |

I had a CT scan in December of 2012 at a local hospital which the doctor said I had tremors and that was all , I have read that the dye put in an IV for the scan can cause thyroid problems , Well now I have that problem two months after my hospital visit . I dropped 40 lbs . in a month and noticed a huge lump in the front of my throat , I have to take medicine for a racing heart beat and thyroid medication and also tests on my liver every month or so and the shaking was an anxiety attack which was not what the ER doctor had diagnosed me with , I was tested for my thyroid before maybe 2 yrs ago and nothing happened I also had a heart cat done over a year ago and nothing happened so now I have to miss work , spend money on medication that I can't afford , I was not told about the dye at all

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Sit down witha medical malpractice attorney to discuss your rights and ascertain whether or not you have a claim.

Good luck.


In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


This is definitely something you need to look in to. In Alabama, medical malpractice claims are very difficult and expensive to pursue and even more difficult to win. However, in a case like this, I think the stronger claim would be a products liability claim again the manufacturer of the dye.

It is very important that you get legal counsel regarding your rights and what claims you may have. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further and direct you toward resources to help in pursuit of your rights. Please feel free to email me or contact me at 205.324.4000.

Thank you,

Paula Greenway
Greenway Law, LLC

Greenway Law LLC. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. The following language is required pursuant to Rule 7.2, Alabama Rules of Professional Conduct. No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client


I’m sorry to hear about this. Get the medical attention you require right away. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. I’m sorry, but my firm only handles birth injury cases, failure to diagnose cancer cases, and wrong site surgery cases.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Go to the "find a lawyer" tab and look for a medical malpractice attorney to review you possible case. Good luck

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer