Skip to main content

Medical attention denied , now has hearing loss, can anything be done?

Lansing, MI |

Son is in prison right now. He has had nine surgeries in left ear that has left him with very little hearing. Three weeks ago, he had an ear infection in his good ear. The doctor has seen him many times and given him three different medications for this, but nothing is clearing up his ear. The prison doctor doesn't know what to do and has requested that he be seen by a specialist, but this has been denied twice. Is there anything that can be done so he doesn't lose the hearing he has in his only good ear?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Have your son write kites/requests about this. Keep trying to work with the prison doctor. Contact Michigan Corrections office for Prisoner Health Care at (517) 373-3629

Clark County, NV practitioner.


Your son is a ward of the Department of Corrections. I would suggest hiring a lawyer who works with the MDOC and can assist you in pursuing an administrative action to see he gets proper medical attention. It is critical to document the medical concerns and history to the MDOC.

The answer to this question does not constitute legal advice nor does create a client relationship with the attorney answering this question. For more specific advice regarding your situation, please consult your lawyer.