Skip to main content

McDonald's sold me a contaminated bottled beverage on 10/22/13. Do I have a case? Please help.

Atlanta, GA |

Yesterday I went to McDonald for lunch and ordered a meal and substituted my drink for bottled water. They gave me bottled water and when I opened it, it seemed as if the seal had already been opened based on how easy it was to open. Me being thirsty from having my meal I took a sip and immediately recognized that hey this isn't water this is Sprite. I then realized McDonald's had sold me a contaminated bottled beverage and I want to see if I have a case against them. I called the police and was rushed to the nearest hospital by ambulance because I was so afraid that something harmful may have been put in the bottle. I need to be advised on what I need to do next because that is really unacceptable and to make matters worse the Manager tried to make light of the situation. Please help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


There are several issues here, but I think the most important is your damages. Fortunately, it sounds like you weren't hurt. However, to consider litigating a case, you must have enough damages to support the cost of the litigation. It sounds like you may have an ambulance bill and trip to the ER, but that is not going to be enough to warrant litigation. I am sorry you had a bad experience.


Get yourself checked out by your family doctor. Do you still have any symptoms? Next, speak with an attorney. S/he will be in the best position to advise you of your rights. Good luck!

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.


Have them cover your ER bill. Submit the claim to them

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer