Skip to main content

May I go to a different SAC than one in the biometric appointment notice ?

Lanham, MD |

I would like to go to a different SAC because this one is much closer to me . I would also like to go for an early walk - in to this new SAC in a date different than the assigned one . Is this going to make a problem later with LUSCIOUS assuming that I can successfully do the PF with the new SAC ? Should I call LUSCIOUS if I am successful and let them know the results ? thanks

It is for I-485 under NIW! I mean call USCIS and inform them that I did the FP somewhere else.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can try to do this, but it is unclear whether it will cause complications at USCIS. However, I've never heard of any complications from completing your fingerprints earlier at a different ASC, where the ASC agrees to accept you earlier. Of course, you must bring your receipt and there is no guarantee that you will be accepted at the other ASC. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.


You can give your fingrprints at any ASC if they accept you as a walk in.


It is a REALLY bad idea to go to a different ASC appointment office, you are tempting fate and more than that endangering your case. That said, you can go early and if you decide to do it this way, (1) make sure they STAMP your notice of appointment, and (2) you keep the STAMP copy so you have proof you got your biometrics done. Finally, it is very problematic that your appointment is not convenient as the ASC is supposed to be tied to your address they have on file; be certain they have your correct address by calling the USCIS customer service number. See an AILA immigration attorney in any event if you need more advice and to follow up

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication in any way. Consult a competent immigration attorney preferably one who is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer