Skip to main content

Marrying an American... what are the steps?

New York, NY |

I have lived in United states for 7-8 years. but i have left the country before turning 18, and i live in Republic of Georgia right now. I have an American boyfriend, we are in love and how do we get married? we want to live in United states. what are the fastest way for us to live together?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I think you should post this question under Immigration since it appears that is the thrust of it.


I think you or your boyfriend should consider consulting with an immigration attorney. You can use Avvo's "find a lawyer" to help locate one.

Best Regards,
Morghan Leia Richardson, Esq.
Richardson Legal PLLC
31-08 Broadway, Suite 204
Astoria, New York 11106
Tel: 212-537-6744


The steps depend on where you intend to get married.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.