Skip to main content

Marry a Cuban and applying for a green card.

Miami, FL |

We did not pass the first interview and waiting for second interview.
If I don't show to the second interview is my case going to be denied by fraud or by not showing. Cause in the first interview the officer told us 3 times that he suspect that is a fraud marriage....which is not and we had every paper and evidence that we showed at the moment of the interview but he did not pass us. Now my husband gegins to be agressive again, not only with words but with acts...I am alone in this country and don't want to deal with him or his cuban family, he is the only son and the 3 sisters love him so much ...they are very nice with me because with me my husband begin to do things right but lately his behavior is changing and he dissapears for one or two days ...I suspect thata he is into drugs.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Most likely it would be denied because you did not show up. There is also a very high probability that the denial will result in your being placed in deportation proceedings.

You should retain an experienced immigration attorney to review your case and advise you.

The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


If your husband is being abusive towards you then you may be eligible to file a claim under the Violence Against Woman Act (VAWA). Consult with an immigration attorney who can review your options with you.

While written by an attorney who is a Florida Bar Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law, the statements herein should not be construed as legal advice. No attorney/client relationship has been created without a formal consultation with the attorney and the attorney has agreed to accept your case.


I am very concerned that not attending the interview would result on deportation. I would suggest consulting further with an attorney because there are additional questions that would need to be addressed. As well if the date is approaching and you have not sought legal advise I would tell the immigration officer what is happening. That is better than not doing anything at all.

DISCLAIMER: The foregoing is not intended to constitute legal advice, or to create an attorney-client relationship between us (See paragraph 8 of Avvo Terms and Conditions of Use). It is offered, instead, as general legal information relevant to the issue(s) raised in your question. Legal information is not the same as legal advice (i.e., the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances). If you desire to obtain legal advice, you should retain the services of an attorney to represent you. If you choose to act upon the information provided above without first retaining an attorney, you do so at your own risk

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer