Skip to main content

Married to USC for 3yrs, left due to abuse in 1styear, have a child and on expired (3yrs F1 visa what legal status to pursue

Williamsburg, VA |

My husband turned abusive in the first year,we lived on his family property so i had to leave. I later had a child (not his) though we are still married on paper. I dont have proof due to the fact that we were on their property, no bills, or taxes filed and he took everything . I came on F1 visa , though 3yrs expired now and would like get legal status to provide for my child, go to school, work and peace of mind

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I believe your question was already answered. Again, you should go speak with an immigration attorney or a non profit about filing for your green card as an abused spouse of a United States Citizen of Resident. These petitions are not easy so you will likely need some help with it. Good Luck, again.


Repeat question. Already asked and answered. Have an immigration lawyer investigate your facts to make sure you qualify for VAWA relief.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Regardless, you should talk to an immigration attorney in person. This blog will not be able to help you as much as we might want to, but immigration attorney engaged in the case might.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.