Marriage Seperation- Deposition! What types of questions will her lawyer ask me at our deposition next week?

Greenville, NC |

Wife filed lawsuit against me when we first split up. We did not sign legal seperation papers. Sueing for alimony, abandoment, attorney fees, unequal portion of assests. I admitted cheating on her 12 years ago. I have been faithful to her since then! What types of questions will her attorney ask me at our deposition next week? What can i expect?

Filed under: Divorce Alimony Fees

I hope you have a lawyer going with you. You can expect lots of questions about finances, property and marital fault. See the article I linked to below for more info.

Scott Allen is a divorce and family law attorney in Wake County, North Carolina with over seventeen years of experience. He can be reached at 919-863-4183. DISCLAIMER: YOU SHOULD SEEK THE ADVICE OF A QUALIFIED ATTORNEY IN YOUR AREA TO ANSWER YOUR SPECIFIC LEGAL QUESTIONS. SCOTT ALLEN IS LICENSED ONLY IN THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA AND THIS RESPONSE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE AND DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY/ CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. RATHER, THE RESPONSE IS IN THE FORM OF LEGAL EDUCATION AND IS INTENDED TO PROVIDE GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE MATTER IN QUESTION. ALTHOUGH A RESPONSE IS PROVIDED TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTION, THERE MAY BE OTHER FACTS AND LAW RELEVANT TO THE ISSUE THAT THE QUESTIONER HAS LEFT OUT AND WHICH WOULD MAKE THE REPLY UNSUITABLE. THEREFORE, THE QUESTIONER SHOULD NOT BASE ANY DECISION ON THE ANSWER, BUT SHOULD CONFER WITH AN ATTORNEY IN PERSON AS SATTED ABOVE REGARDING THE SPECIFICS OF HIS OR HER CASE