Skip to main content

Marriage based Green card RFE (prove bonafide ). IO wanted many photos for her file.Refused 15 photos I said she could have.

Houston, TX |

I gave them 1) Joint Bank stmt(with moderate activity with our debit cards) 2) DL copy showing same address 3) Wife's benefits listing me as beneficiary 4)Wife's retirement account listing me as beneficiary 5) Offered 15 photos from dating to current life 6)Recent Bill from AAA billed to both of us 7) Recent trips confirmations -locally and internationally 8) Some phone bills from each year showing conversations between us from 2009 to 2013.
We live in suburb and lease a place close to work.I did not provide lease for that apartment as our primary residence hasn't changed. Should we provide a copy of this lease in responding to RFE? Do we need to explain in RFE response why are we providing lease when our primary address hasn't changed.My wife owns the house and I am not in deeds. Thanks!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Yes, with the RFE asking to prove bona fides of your marriage, you may include as much relevant, objective documentation that you have. Also, if something is unclear or questionable, such as your lease situation, yes, you should include an explanation for that, preferably in an affidavit form. It would also be in your best interest to have it done by an experienced immigration attorney if you do not have one yet.

Contact attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.


You should provide everything you possibly can, as long as it helps prove your marriage is entered in good faith.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


Usually, the more paperwork you can supply to support the bona fides of the marriage, the better. I would suggest you do so. You may wish to consult with an experienced immigration attorney before submitting anything to get more personal attention and advice.

Good luck!

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. A consultation with an experienced attorney is always the best way to go.