Skip to main content

MAN my ex - wife move out of state with my son if we share custody of him.?

Richmond, IN |

We have a 11-year-old son and here in the last couple of years she met a new man and move in with him. He lives out of state. But she is keeping a house in the state that I'm in. But she is moving more to the other house out of state. I pay child support faithfully every month. What can I do? What is my rights as a father? I live in Indiana. Please help. ...

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Your submission is unclear as you have not provided any information whether your son has moved with her. If she moves her residence, She will have to comply with the Relocation Statute and you will have the right to object. If you do so in the correct manner, the court will have a hearing on whether she can relocate with your son. It is commendable that you pay child support. However, that is unrelated toParenting time and custodial rights. Contact an attorney.

Mr. Padove is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana and is located in Highland, Indiana serving the Chicagoland area to Indianapolis. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Padove strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.