MAN DEL CS PG 1 <1G

Dallas, TX |

What does MAN DEL CS PG 1 <1G mean? What kind of jail time would that be?

What does MAN DEL CS PG 1 <1G mean? Also what does MAN DEL CS PG 3/4 >=28G<200G mean? What does MAN DEL CS PG 3/4 <28G mean? Charged with all at one time. What kind of jail time would that be?

Best Answer

Manufacture / delivery penalty group 1 controlled substance under 1 gram. Then, manufacture / delivery penalty groups 3 & 4 controlled substance in an amount over 28 gram and under 200 grams. Then, manufacture / delivery of group 3 & 4 controlled substance under 28 grams.

Different drugs fall under different groups for purposes of punishment. The punishment is also affected by the amount of drugs.

Re PG1 under 28 grams: a state jail felony.

Re PG 3 / 4: a state jail felony if the amount of the controlled substance to which the offense applies is, by aggregate weight, including adulterants or dilutants, less than 28 grams.

And a felony of the second degree if the amount of the controlled substance to which the offense applies is, by aggregate weight, including adulterants or dilutants, 28 grams or more but less than 200 grams.

These are the punishments for a first offender - no enhancements. Punishments would run concurrently - at the same time. So, the maximum time faced is 20 years.

This person needs a lawyer.

Delivery of controlled substance. The PG refers to penalty group. The first one is a state jail felony. I think the second one is a misdemeanor. Those are usually pills. Not sure on the third one. You can look in the health and safety code.

My answers are only intended as general legal advice based on my eighteen years as an Austin criminal defense and DUI attorney. They are not intended to be a binding legal opinion nor to create an attorney - client relationship. For those questions asked outside of Texas, there is no intent on my part to practice law in any other state There is no substitute for contacting a local attorney. Feel free to visit my website, www.austincriminaldenseattorney.com .

As noted above, the max punishment for the highest level offense is 20 years. All of the cases should proceed together and should run concurrently if time is ordered. Probation is also possible. This person needs an attorney immediately.

I practice in Dallas and Tarrant County and all surrounding counties so feel free to contact me to discuss your options.

All good answers. Be aware that a prior felony conviction will bump the punishment range up to 5-99 years and a second and separate felony conviction will bump the punishment range up to a minimum of 25 years.

So if there's already, say, a felony and a probated THEFT STOLEN PROP>=$1,500<$20K, now violated on the record it could mean about how much time?