Skip to main content

Lost receipt number to check USCIS case status.

Spring, TX |

I applied for deferred action plan (early childhood arrivals) back in Dec. 2012. I have all receipts (with different receipt numbers) up until I took my Biometrics exam. I seem to have lost the confirmation letter after that. Would that be the receipt number needed to check status online? I have my other receipt numbers but not sure if the last receipt number is needed to get the latest status on my case. for example, 1st letter of acceptance ended in receipt number 35, next letter confirming my biometric exam ended in 36, im assuming it would have ended in 37 for th enext letter?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Check those receipts numbers on the USCIS website or call the 800 hotline #.

Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. Speak to an experienced attorney before making decisions.


For Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) you need the receipt number on your I-821D receipt notice. Look for ""I-821D" written at the top of your receipt notice. If you do not have it, then try to view the back of your cashed check. It will list the receipt number. Good luck to you.

The communication above does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Advice rendered is of a general nature. (562) SANI-LAW


You need the receipt number for the I-821D in order to check the status online.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer