Skip to main content

Lost I-797 and I-94. WHat to do when travelling to India for visa stamping

San Francisco, CA |

While I moved apartments I lost my passport and visa documents. I am applying for a new passport which will obviously not have anything stamped on it and in any case the current stamp would expire before I travel to India. My H1B was extended and I-797 valid till 2012, but I lost the original. Without an original I-797 what should I do? Can I travel to India with only a photocopy - will that be enough? What are my options?

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration US visas
Attorney answers 1


It is worth contacting your employer through whom you received the H1B or the lawyer who represented you. They might have a copy of the receipt notice to enable obtain a duplicate.
Safe trip.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer