Skip to main content

Looking to get a class b misdemeanor for possession of marijuana completely removed from my record.

Temple, TX |

The arrest occurred over 5 years ago, and was the only time I have been arrested. I was 23 years old, and couldn't afford a lawyer. As a first time offender, I accepted deferred adjudication. I am in college earning a degree in criminal justice, and this is hindering my job opportunities.

What is the best option to get it completely removed? Expungement? Set aside? Non-disclosure?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can petition the court for a non-disclosure. You can not get it completely removed, short of a pardon from the governor. State agencies will still see the charge. It will help you out, unless you want to work for the government. Seek a criminal defense attorney in your area, most handle non-disclosures. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: My answers are only intended as general legal advice based on my experience. They are not intended to be a binding legal opinion nor to create an attorney-client relationship.


You can petition the court for a non-disclosure. Since you successfully completed defferred you are eligible. Contact an attorney to walk you through the process.

Bobby Barina's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Mr. Barina offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call his office at 254-699-3755 to make an appointment or visit his website at for more information about his services.


I agree with Mr. Montes' answer.

A deferred adjudication is not expungeable unless the defendant is later pardoned.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.