Skip to main content

Looking to be legal emancipated from unfit home?

Temple, TX |


Reason: Parent is an alcoholic and is abusive mentally and on occasion(s) physically.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


In Texas, the requirements to be emancipated are to be employed, living alone and fully self-supporting if you are at least 16 and under 18. If this is unrealistic for you then I would encourage you to discuss your situation with a trusted adult, school counselor, or youth minister. You may be able to work out, with adopt intervention, another relative or adult with whom you might stay. You can also contact CPS and make a report. Good luck.

This answer is general information which does not establish any attorney-client relationship between the person asking a question and the person answering, or a duty to respond to ongoing questions; nor is it intended to replace competent legal assistance in the jurisdiction where the matter/issue arises or is before a Court.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer