Skip to main content

Looking for help with support modification

Bonita Springs, FL |

I have moved to Florida from Washington. For the past 3 months I have not had a job and no income. I have split custody of my son and he lives with me 43% of the time. I am already in arrears for over 2 months and am not able to meet my bills. I'm taking loans but my family is paying my rent and basic bills directly and not willing to pay money to her.

I am good at making web sites among other software skills. I've had to move to Bonita Springs in order to get split custody of my son who was suffering from physical and mental problems at that time. He is a very well adjusted boy now. Unfortunately, there are not many IT jobs down here. I will be happy to exchange my services in exchange.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Posing your offer to local attorneys is the way to go. We already answer questions for free :) There is likely to be someone who could use your abilities.


This is not the forum for this type of offer. We are here to answer general questions, not agree to barter services, which is governed by both the IRS and the Florida Bar Rules of Professional Conduct. You need to contact a local lawyer and see if anyone offers a free consult. Good luck.

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272


Search Avvo in your area for family law attorneys and contact a few to discuss your case during a consultation. This forum is not the proper place to solicit services. Good luck with the transition.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.


Go to some of the Barter websites in our state and sign up and see what you can do. There are many available and with your IT sense I'm certain that you can locate them. This is simply the wrong venue for such discussions, etc. Good luck!

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer