Looking for an lawyer to represent me, with the car accident that happen to me 3 days ago...

Winnetka, CA |

Few days ago, I got into a car accident... The accident got already reported to my insurance and the other person insurance. The police report says that it was my fault, because I don't have a license (I am from Europe and been traveling back and forth, that's why I don't have a CA driver license). I got witnesses who saw the whole scene and confirmed that it's definitely not my fault. I got hit from the passenger side and had no injuries at the time of the accident... Since I woke up this morning, my neck, lower back and right arm started to hurting me. Is there any lawyer willing to take my case?

Please see my other answer. ALSO: You should absolutely consult with an attorney to get the bottom of this before making any further statements to your insurance or the other party's insurance company.

Steven M. Sweat, Glotzer & Sweat, LLP (310) 623-3771

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

If you were insured you should not have any problem. As to license did you have a license to drive elsewhere?
A lawyer will have to evaluate various aspects of your claim and see if your case will likely prevail. Meanwhile do not speak with any insurance adjusters until you discuss this matter with a lawyer,

If you have independent witnesses that saw the car accident, then you make sure that you get their addresses, phone number and if at all possible have then give you a signed statement as to what` they saw. If they corroborate your story then you have a chance of winning this case, if you were not at fault. The fact that you did not have a California Driver's License is important because you could be found guilty of driving without a California License but that fact does not make you guilty of the accident. The policeman was wrong in writng that you are guilty of the accident.. If you have insurance on your car, report this claim to your insurance company and have them fix your car. If you are hurt, go to a doctor and get your self treated. Best of luck.

I am licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advise in any other type of situation.

California Vehicle Code 14601
If you get into an accident while you are driving with a suspended or revoked license, you are committing a more serious offense than merely driving without a license. If prosecutors can prove that you knew your license was revoked or suspended, then you face longer jail terms and more substantial fines. Code 14601 is actually a number of separate offenses you could potentially be charged with, depending upon the circumstances of your accident. If you were drunk, driving recklessly or speeding when the accident occurred, you could be facing minimum jail time, a revoked license and high fines. If your license was previously suspended or revoked you could lose your car.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Driving illegally (as in without a license) does not make one at fault for any accident which that driver is in... however, not having car insurance in California and being in an accident can be a problem... complicated laws make hiring a California attorney to look into such an event worth the time... and as for the money, most personal injury lawyers offer free consultations.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
Fransen&Molinaro;, LLP
980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
Corona, CA 92879
(951)520-9684
www.888MDJDLAW.com
www.fransenandmolinaro.com
“When you need a Lawyer, call the Doctor”

** This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker Fransen&Molinaro;, LLP 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206 Corona, CA 92879 (951)520-9684 www.FRANSENANDMOLINARO.com and www.888MDJDLAW.com “When you need a Lawyer, call the Doctor” ** This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.