Looking for an employment/labor dispute attorney in Daytona Beach for representation at a fair price

West Palm Beach, FL |

There is no cause of action in Florida for wrongful termination for a false accusation of insubordination. Wrongful termination can only be based on discrimination against protected classes, such as race, ethnicity, marital status, religion, etc.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated.

The employer falsely accused me of insubordination; I believe the incident was used as a pretext to discriminate for several reasons.

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

Well, you would first be required to file a complaint with the EEOC, so that would be your first step. If you don't file that, you will lose your right to pursue legal action. You can have an attorney assist you with that if you wish. You can file through the local agency and file both a state and federal claim. Here is a link to office contact information. http://www.eeoc.gov/field/miami/fepa.cfm

Thank you... I did file a complaint....last November-thanks very much for the link

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

Oh, have you gotten a right to sue letter yet?

Have not received that, did attend a mediation hearing and brought an attorney from west palm beach with me, reason being other party had an attorney; (this was in August) attorney felt one party ought to be dismissed but the other party was "the bad actor"...attorney has sent a demand letter to this party and there is not going to be an offer to settle, hence this attorney has sent me a contract with the amounts to be charged (as initially specified) do not think I will be able to do this though...too expensive....but no, did not receive that letter....

If you would like to review your facts with an employment attorney, just in case you omitted something that would make a difference, I recommend Jason Harr -- he's in your area.

This communication is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. It is always recommended you consult an attorney in person to discuss your case. The Law Offices of Stage & Associates practices state-wide and represents homeowners and community associations. Please visit our website at www.stagelaw.com.