Skip to main content

Looking for an attorney who will accept contingency fees in the DFW area for Medical malpractice. Open & shut case.

Mesquite, TX |

Due to a routine surgery from Dec 2011, I've had to have 3 surgeries due to the negligence of the first which the surgion found that a wound that was not sown up and a forgien object whic I am schedule for another surgey to be removed next week. i have all documentation and in the process of getting ALL of my medical records. I almost lost my home due to being out on medical leave, loss of work, big strain on my children due my being a single parent.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Your situation merits a detailed investigation by a qualified attorney. Be sure to look for a board-certified personal injury trial attorney and preferably one with a physician on staff; and who has a lot of medical malpractice trial experience. Many attorneys handle cases on a contingent fee so that will not be a problem for you. 214.346.9529


I would be happy to visit with you. I handle cases in Dallas/FW very often.

Your deadline to bring a lawsuit will expire in Dec 2013, so you need to act quickly. Due to tort reform laws in Texas, a med-mal attorney usually needs at least 6 months to perform pre-lawsuit work to get the case prepared. And yes, the tort reform laws will indeed impact your potential claim, unfortunately. My office can be reached at (713) 650-6080.

Cases involving foreign bodies represent classic medical negligence. Determining the negligent party depends on the nature of the object.


This question was previously posted. I would contact Attorney Stewart ASAP.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


It appear that you do have the potential for a valid claim and I recommend seeing a qualified medical malpractice attorney in Dallas. Most work on a contingent fee basis

Good luck.

AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.


Luckily a couple lawyers who answered this question in your state have offered to help, and have provided their phone numbers.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer