Skip to main content

Looking for a Plaintiff Personal Injury Attorney on contingency basis to take my case in Sacramento, CA

Sacramento, CA |

I chose a personal injury attorney from several attorneys who offered to take my six figure case on contingency basis against an insurance company.

My attorney mishandled my case leaving it mostly to his paralegal. The court sustained several demurrers by the insurance company's attorney with leave to amend. The court noted the deficiency of the complaint and the following amended complaints in articulating the facts and in citing the relevant case laws.

The court noted that the plaintiff can show cause but noted that it will not give any more leaves to amend.

The court set a very close date for the latest amended complaint to be submitted and thus there is no hearing where I can show up and notify the judge that I am getting a new attorney and that I need extra time.

What can I do?

+ Read More

Filed under: Personal injury
Attorney answers 5


You should discuss the case with your current attorney and ask him to send you a letter or e-mail with the status and intended direction of the case. You may also consider having the case reviewed by another attorney. Hopefully, none of your rights or causes of actions have or will be limited. Good luck.


Luckily, Rosenthall has offered to look into this.


Sounds like your case may involve personal injury where the statute of limitations or liability is at issue that would give rise to a demurrer as auto accidents do not usually involve demurrers. If this is in the Sacramento Court, I can view all the court filings on line and would be willing to take a look and explain what is going on with the case. Sounds like the time to do so is limited so please feel free to contact me as soon as possible.

Barron Law Corporation Sacramento & San Francisco. 916-486-1712 or 800-529-5908. Email Deborah at: No attorney client relationship is created by this answer.


You can retain attorney Rosenthal who is willing to look into this and if appropriate file a substitution of attorneys if he agrees to take the case? He can go in ex parte and ask for time to review the file and prepare an amended complaint.

Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.


Ask your current atty to go in ex parte to get more time for filing the amended complaint. Ask him to request other side agree to extension.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer