Skip to main content

Liquidated Damages for H1B Sponsor Employer

San Jose, CA |

An Employer said he can Sponsor me a H1B Visa and I have signed an Agreement saying that""If the employee terminates the Employment within 12 months of the Signed Agreement he needs to pay the Liquidate Damage of $20000.00USD". I told them not to file my H1B and they are saying that they have already filed. But the filing starts only on April1st2013. Now they are asking me this Money or saying they will file a case against me and get more than this.

Please advise

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


One needs to read the contract first to give advice on liquidated damages.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


You should to consult with an attorney with a copy of the entire employment contract .

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer