Skip to main content

Libel and Defamation of Character that has caused me chest pain, migraines and depression. Please help me stop with person.

Ivoryton, CT |

I have a cousin that I had a falling out with 5 months ago, since then she has harassed me via Facebook ( I have blocked her from all of it), text and letters to my mother and children. She has destroyed my reputation with my entire family with lies and is now working on doing it with my youngest son I have called the police for harassment and they said I should sue her. I need help, based on the "rules" of defamation and libel I have suffered extreme injury due to her behavior, my entire family has been lied to and I do not know what to do to stop her. I have ignored her as my mother has instructed me but she doesn't stop, I am under constant stress and have developed chest pain and severe migraines with sever depression due to her constant unrelenting behavior. Please help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool for a defamation lawyer in your city. Keep in mind that most defamation lawyers want a $5,000.00 retainer just to begin working, and fees can add up fast. Good luck.


I'm sorry that your going through this difficult time but it doesn't appear your damages would justify bringing a costly claim. You should consider sending a Cease and Desist letter.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer