Skip to main content

Legal term for stalking online.

Lindenhurst, NY |

I am having a problem with one fellow online.He says slanderous stuff about me, insulting stuff to. I would say it's in order to answer him. We do know each other in person but very vaguely. He puts up an offensive picture. I insult him on that when he starts in with me. What else can I insult him with ya know? He said once online to me if I don't put the pic up are you going to talk to me? We do not talk as in iming each other we are on the same website somewhere. So what is that legal term for it stalking online? Cause I am going to go to the police. I once knew the term but I forgot it. Many thanks.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5



Atty: 845-704-7777. This answer is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should not take action based upon this information without consulting legal counsel. This answer is not intended to create, and does not create, an attorney-client relationship. PLEASE REMEMBER: All claims and legal matters have statutes of limitations and/or other important time periods that apply to them. This means that you must take action on all claims or legal matters within the required time period(s) or your claims could be barred by the statute of limitations or dismissed. Contact our office or another competent attorney immediately to discuss the particular facts of any claim or legal issue you might have in order to learn what time periods apply to your particular situation.


Cyberstalking is it.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


It sounds like you are both messing with each other.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


Best bet is to not engage him anymore.


It's cyber stalking and a form of harassment. he penal law covers this type of harassment.Go to the local police and the local district attorney's office.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer